Manchester And World War One, An Activity Day For Schools
Working in collaboration, The English Heritage ‘Heritage Schools Programme’, Archives+, People’s History Museum and Manchester Guided Tours have put together two Manchester and World War One Activity Day Programmes for schools. Activities will be suitable for Key Stage 2 or Key Stage 3 students and will take place in the centre of Manchester. The days will be available from September 2014.Activities will include:
- A guided walk looking at key buildings and monuments related to World War I in Manchester and hearing the human stories from this period.
- Living History workshops in which students will meet World War I soldiers, and others who did not want to fight.
- A chance to explore the exhibition A Land Fit For Heroes: War and the Working Class 1914-1918 at People’s History Museum and war documents at Archives+ in Central Library.
- Activity Days Information
- Activity Day Programme Outlines
- Activity Day Enquiry Form
- PHM Risk Assessment
- Manchester Guided Tours Risk Assessment
- Central Library Risk Assessment
- Manchester Libraries Child Safety Policy and Guidelines